Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Painting Competition Update and other thoughts

Let the judging begin!

So the entries are in and the judging has started according to Jawa

I'm all kinds of nervous for the results, although the first model he put up as a "taste of things to come" has me feeling a bit deflated about my own painting skill. Oh well, I did the best I could I think, so its all up to Jawa at this point.

On a side note, reading his latest post about his Blood Angels army got me all excited about my own BA's. The furioso dreads, Baal pred's, they all are so fun, and unique. They were my first 40k army, and I love the uniqueness about them, while still being marines. Contrary to how most people think, I enjoy the marines. I have always tended to gravitate towards the "good" armies, WoW, LotR ttg, and others.

I was into my Tau most recently, modeling and painting them up, but now I want to get back into the men in red. I have some tanks to do, LR, Baal pred, rhinos, and some free hand work that Jawa inspired me to do on my DC rhino.

I'll never have an all painted army I think, between work, school, wife, kids, other armies, other hobbies, I just don't have the time. Call me ADD, but I can't seem to stay on just one hobby at a time, much to my wife's enjoyment ;)

That's all for now, stay tuned to see how I did with my model.

I'm excited

No comments:

Post a Comment