Friday, October 2, 2009

Painting Competition, Update

I took some pictures last night of my terminator for the painting competition. He still needs some work of course, but he is coming along pretty well I think. I have been trying some new techniques on him, like wet blending, and it has turned out better than I had expected. So here he is.

termy middle

Back angle 2

termy back

My real concern here however is the hammer that I converted. It didn't quite work out like I wanted it to, but I still kinda like it. I really need some comments/criticism on how I could make it better, whether painting tips or molding/converting tips. I went with the purple because of Jawa's joke about using pinks or purples on the model in his original post, hopefully the humor won't be lost. Granted my green-stuff work is pretty poor, but please let me know what you all think.

Hammer1hammer top hammer side

I wanted to do another wash in purple, then some extreme white highlights. Then maybe some type of lighting effects on the BA insignia. Be harsh if you want to, I would really like to know what you think.



  1. Beautiful red tones you did there. I also tried wetblending on my termie first time- and failed. But you seem to have succeeded- congratulations.
    Concerning the hammer I have to say that I am not a fan of the model. The front with the BA logo is cool but the rest looks like a big piece of rock- if you went for that look you succeeded.
    Paintwise I could imagine a fade from the front to the rear. So that it seems glowing. Just an idea... anyway cool model.

  2. I was going for a crystal effect on the hammer, and like I said, I am a noob with greenstuff. As for the reds, thanks. I have a few custom red colors in there that I have mixed up.

    I may have to just redo the whole thing, maybe paint it like a gem. Time is short though . . .

    Thanks for the comments, commpliments from a great painter like you are certainly nice to have!